Advanced Professional Studies for MFT Students, Trainees, Interns, Licensees
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists, pre-licensed MFT students, trainees, and interns are all ethically obligated to take care of their own personal and professional health. LifeTalk Learning is a classroom beyond the classroom for additional:
Law & Ethics and MFT Theories Review
Case Consultations, Skills Training & Practice, Mentoring
LifeTalkLearning provides an opportunity to gain additional self-awareness regarding the complexities of countertransference and family of origin issues so as to work more effectively with clients.
- Due to the limited time constraints in attaining an academic degree, many courses consist of an overview of the literature that lacks the depth and understanding of extended study.
- You may want to review information that you have already learned to enhance your knowledge of a specific theory or you may want to challenge yourself with new material on being a systemic therapist.
- Create your own advanced MFT Independent Study based on what you want to learn.
- The curriculum will be designed to further enhance your knowledge of family systems theories and practices in the clinical setting.
- Your study may be accomplished individually and/or in a small group setting to reach your goal.
- The study can be completed in a combination of in-person sessions, on the telephone, and by e-mail.
*The fee for this work will be discussed and agreed upon before we begin. All charges will be based on the amount of time and involvement needed to complete your goals.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions by telephone or e-mail. I look forward to hearing from you.
The Gift of Therapy: An Open Letter to a New Generation of Therapists and Their Patients
Soul Searching: Why Psychotherapy Must Promote Moral Responsibility
The Making of a Therapist
On Being a Therapist, 4th Edition
How Could You Do That? The Abdication of Character, Courage, and Conscience
The Therapist’s Workbook: Self-Assessment, Self-Care, and Self-Improvement Exercises for Mental Health Professionals
Saving Normal: An Insider’s Revolt against Out-of-Control Psychiatric Diagnosis, DSM-5, Big Pharma, and the Medicalization of Ordinary Life
What About Bob
Good Will Hunting
Double Feature: Analyze This / Analyze That